CEO of Legal Executive Leadership, LLC
Susan Hackett is the CEO of Legal Executive Leadership, LLC, which she founded in 2011 after serving for 22 years as the Senior Vice President and General Counsel of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) in Washington, DC.
Susan is a consultant to law departments, CLOs, and legal ops leaders, as well as an advisor to the firms and businesses which support them. She helps her clients improve their value by using better business practices to deliver legal services and advance their clients’ strategic goals.
Her practice includes: strategic planning, establishing metrics and continuous improvement processes, benchmarking leading knowledge practices, assessing staffing options in-house and improving outside counsel value and pricing, evaluating technology and data options, re-engineering legal operations and service delivery, and more. In short, she helps corporate legal teams change: creating a bridge from the way they used to work, to establishing the practices that will help them succeed and drive distinguishing client value in the future.
Often referred to as “the voice of the in-house bar,” Susan’s achievements include:
- creating and executing the ACC Value Challenge (to re-connect value to the cost of legal services),
- establishing CPBO – CorporateProBono.org with the Pro Bono Institute, and ACC’s diversity initiatives (with bars of color, and with Street Law),
- developing the first networks for CLOs and legal operations executives,
- promoting “leading practice” standards for law departments,
- developing the first comprehensive resource libraries, educational curriculum, and periodicals designed for in-house practice, and
- advocacy leadership to protect legal professional privilege, promote in-house ethics standards, and establish multi-jurisdictional and -disciplinary practice reforms.
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/SusanHackett